Dinner Recipes: Baked Sea Sticks
Baked Sea Sticks
Makes 2 servings
WHAT'S IN IT?
2 1/2 cups cornflakes
2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
3/4 pound white fish fillet, such as cod*
1/8 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1/4 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
1/4 cup tartar sauce (optional)
STUFF YOU NEED
Dry measuring cups
Sealable plastic bag
Plate or shallow bowl
Small microwave-safe bowl
Juicer or reamer
Nonstick baking sheet
HOW TO PUT IT TOGETHER
1. Kids: Preheat the oven to 500°F.
2. Kids: Measure cornflakes into a plastic bag. Squeeze out excess air then seal it. With both hands, smash cornflakes into pinkie fingernail-sized crumbs.
3. Kids and Adults: Grate the lemon peel. Measure 2 teaspoons of the peel into the bag of cornflake crumbs. Shake the bag again and pour onto a plate or shallow bowl.
4. Adults: In a small, microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter in the microwave. Juice the lemon. Mix 2 teaspoons of the lemon juice into the melted butter.
5. Adults: Slice fish into 8 (3/4-inch to 1-inch wide) pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Kids: Coat a nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray.
7. Kids: Dunk each piece of fish into the lemon butter, then dip into the cornflake mixture, coating completely. Arrange fish on baking sheet. Sprinkle with any remaining cornflake mixture.
8. Kids and Adults: Bake fish until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Serve sticks with tartar sauce.
WHY IT'S GOOD FOR YOU
Per serving (without tartar sauce):
320 Calories, 12 g Total Fat, 7 g Saturated Fat, 75 mg Cholesterol, 700 mg Sodium, 33 g Total Carbohydrates, 2 g Dietary Fiber, 7 g Sugars, 21 g Protein, 25% Vitamin A, 50% Vitamin C, 2% Calcium, 60% Iron