Dinner Recipes: Brewed Monkey Brain Stew
Brewed Monkey Brain Stew
Makes 3 servings
WHAT'S IN IT?
1 (15-ounce) can chili with beans
3 tablespoons golden raisins
1 small onion
3 cinnamon sticks
1/2 cup shredded, low-fat cheddar cheese
STUFF YOU NEED
Large spoon, or a rubber or silicone spatula
Medium-size, microwave-safe bowl
Microwave-safe plastic wrap
3 serving bowls
Dry measuring cups
HOW TO PUT IT TOGETHER
1. Zip open the can of chili with a can opener.
2. With the help of a large spoon or a spatula, empty the chili into a medium-size microwave-safe bowl.
3. Sprinkle the raisins from their measuring spoon on top of the chili. Crank the chili and raisins together with the large spoon or spatula.
4. Loosely cover the bowl with microwave-safe plastic wrap, turning back one corner of the wrap to let out the extra steam.
5. Microwave on high for 1-1/2 minutes. Stir with the spatula or large spoon. Then, microwave on high for another 1-1/2 minutes or until hot.
6. Let the Stew sit in the microwave for at least 1 minute before removing.
7. While the Stew is sitting, plop an onion on a cutting board. Chop the onion into pencil eraser-sized pieces with a cutting knife.
8. After you're done hacking the onion, remove the Brewed Monkey Brain Stew from the microwave with potholders. Beware of the steam!
9. Spill out the Stew into three serving bowls.*
10. Plunk a cinnamon stick into each Stew serving. Use it as a brewing stick!
11. With your brewing stick, have each person stir in as much of the onion and cheese as they like. It'll be a mishmash of a mess—but mighty tasty!
WHY IT'S GOOD FOR YOU
310 Calories, 17 g Total Fat, 8 g Saturated Fat, 30 mg Cholesterol, 790 mg Sodium, 27 g Total Carbohydrates, 3 g Dietary Fiber, 8 g Sugars, 14 g Protein, 10% Vitamin A, 4% Vitamin C, 15% Calcium, 15% Iron
Monkey Brain Stew helps my heart?
Keeping Your Heart Healthy