RESOURCES FOR HEALTH PROFESSIONALS & EDUCATORS
THE LEADER'S GUIDE: 13 LEARNING MODULES FOR YOU TO USE WITH KIDS & PARENTS
The Leader’s Guide provides 13 learning modules, activities, and resources for kids, ages 9-12 years around food, fitness, fun, feelings, and family. While the Leader’s Guide and accompanying resources were extensively pilot-tested with kids, ages 9-12 years, the content can be easily tailored for children of all ages to fit your needs. These resources can be used in a variety of settings: school classrooms, after-school programs, community-based programs, and other settings for youth education.
Each module contains:
- Module Goals—Gives you direction about what kids should learn from each module
- Quick Start Ideas—Learning activities that take just a few minutes and can easily be implemented in a variety of settings
- Activity Action Plan—A longer, more structured learning activity plan that can be conducted in a more formal group setting, such as a classroom.
- Talking points/discussion questions that walk you through a discussion or lecture
- Follow-up activity to get the group engaged in fun activities that link to the discussion
- Take-home activity including a hand-out where students can involve their family members
- “Bright Papers” for the instructor to send home to parents or to use for more background information about that particular topic
EASY WAYS TO START USING THE LEADER'S GUIDE
Download the individual Leader’s Guide modules (10-15 pages each) for free by clicking on their names below, or download the entire Leader’s Guide here (203 pages).
You can also order a hard copy with a binder at the Leader’s Guide from the Foundation Publications Store
Do you have feedback about the Leader’s Guide that you would like to share? We would love to hear about it. Please e-mail us at email@example.com.
OTHER INTERNATIONAL FOOD INFORMATION COUNCIL FOUNDATION RESOURCES TO USE WITH LEADER'S GUIDE
Real Life Guide for Parents Also Available En Espanol - Guia Para Padres
Expert Answers to Your Questions
Bright Papers for Parents and Kids Also Available Para Padres En Espanol - ¡Mira Aquí!
Fun (and Educational) Games for Kids
EXTRA HELPFUL LINKS
There are plenty of additional online resources about kids’ health, physical activity, nutrition, and happiness. Link Up Here.
RELATED INTERNATIONAL FOOD INFORMATION COUNCIL FOUNDATION RESOURCES
Attitudinal Research with Kids & Families
Your Personal Path to Health: Steps to a Healthier You!
Understanding Food Allergies
Preventing Childhood Choking - It's Up to You
Starting Solids for Children Between 6-18 Months
Hydration: Does it Always Have to Be Water?
Q & A about Energy Drinks and Health
Q & A about Bisphenol-A (BPA)
Background on Food Safety & Defense
Background on Food Allergies & Asthma
Low Calorie Sweeteners and You!
Learn more about the development of the Kidnetic.com program and resources.
Back to Healthy Kids and Families Home Page.