Devilish Eyeball Delicacy
Makes 3 servings
WHAT'S IN IT?
3 large, hardboiled eggs, chilled
2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
6 small green olives with pimentos
Ketchup (if you like!)
STUFF YOU NEED
HOW TO PUT IT TOGETHER
1. Remove the shells from the boiled, chilled eggs. Toss the shells in the trash. Rinse the eggs, making sure no shell pieces are left on their smooth surface!
2. Lay the shelled eggs on a cutting board. Slice them in half long-ways with a cutting knife.
3. Place the egg halves on a lunch-size plate.
4. Carefully remove the yolks from the six halves by turning the egg halves upside down over a small bowl. Help the yolk out with a fork (or your clean fingers!) if you need!
5. Mash the yolks with a fork.
6. From a measuring spoon, tap in the mayonnaise. Stir the egg yolks and mayonnaise with the fork until it's a creamy concoction.
7. With a small spoon, dab the egg yolk-mayonnaise mixture back into each of the egg white halves, until all the mixture is back in the eggs.
8. Plop green olives with pimento side up (these are the "eyeballs"!) onto the yolk mixture of each half. Push them down a little so they stay put!
9. If you like, for an extra-gross eyeball delicacy, drizzle on some ketchup, too. Then you'll have "bloodshot eyeballs"!
WHY IT'S GOOD FOR YOU
130 Calories, 10 g Total Fat, 2 g Saturated Fat, 215 mg Cholesterol, 300 mg Sodium, 2 g Total Carbohydrates, 0 g Dietary Fiber, 1 g Sugars, 6 g Protein, 6% Vitamin A, 0% Vitamin C, 2% Calcium, 4% Iron
Your eyes will thank you for this recipe - The Eyes Have It!