Snack Recipes: Pleasingly Pink Salsa Swirly
Pleasingly Pink Salsa Swirly
Makes 5 servings
WHAT'S IN IT?
3 medium, ripe tomatoes
1/2 small onion
3 tablespoons water
1/4 cup loosely-packed fresh cilantro or parsley
1/4 tsp salt
STUFF YOU NEED
Dry measuring cups
HOW TO PUT IT TOGETHER
1. Sit the tomatoes and onion half on a cutting board. Cut each into two pieces with a cutting knife.
2. Dump all the tomato and onion piees into the blender container.
3. Dribble in the water from a measuring spoon.
4. Toss in the fresh cilantro or parsley from a measuring cup.
5. Sprinkle in the salt from a measuring spoon.
6. Make sure the blender lid is on tight! Then, blend on low speed for 15 seconds, or until all ingredients are combined.
7. Dump your Pleasingly Pink Salsa Swirly into a medium-size bowl for dipping and dunking! Stir with a spoon before serving. Delicioso!
WHY IT'S GOOD FOR YOU
25 Calories, 0 g Total Fat, 0 g Saturated Fat, 0 mg Cholesterol, 240 mg Sodium, 5 g Total Carbohydrates, less than 1 g Dietary Fiber, 3 g Sugars, 1 g Protein, 15% Vitamin A, 25% Vitamin C, 2% Calcium, 2% Iron
What a pleasingly tasty way to get your heart-healthy veggies. Your heart will pump real smooth if you stay in a healthy eating groove.
Keeping Your Heart Healthy