Caffeine Webinar: Caffeine Literacy to Make Better Health Choices
CPEUs will be provided for Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RDNs) and Dietetic Technicians Registered (DTRs).
Date: Tuesday, March 21, 2017
Time: 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. ET
No pre-registration required. The link will be active only on March 21, beginning at 12:45 p.m. ET.
James Coughlin, PhD, President, Coughlin & Associates — "The History of Caffeine in our Lives: Research to Support Healthful Benefits"
|Becki Holmes, MS, RDN, LDN, Founder and Principal, Foodwit
— “Caffeine Literacy: Translating Dietary Exposure into Practical Recommendations for the Public"
|Megan Meyer, PhD, Associate Director, Science Communications, IFIC Foundation — “Evaluating and Communicating Scientific Research: A Look Ahead”|
To register for the one-hour webinar, click here with you name, email address and organization / company affiliation.”
To access the audio, dial: 1-866-352-2219; enter 23931277# as your participant PIN. To video portion will go live here at 15 minutes prior to the start of the webinar at 12:45pm ET.
In 2015, the U.S. Dietary Guidelines for Americans joined other global health authorities by providing an opinion on safe caffeine consumption levels for the general population. Ongoing research continues to support the safety of moderate caffeine intake, and practical guidance is necessary to balance the beloved effects of caffeine with appropriate sleep and exercise. Caffeine is one of the most thoroughly studied ingredients in the food supply, and science provides us with useful information about both moderate caffeine intake, as well as limitations, especially for special segments of the population such as pregnant and lactating women or persons sensitive to caffeine.
Register and join us on the upcoming webinar for health professionals, where you will learn about the latest caffeine research and insights on client care and education. The program will also provide you with new tools to help you better communicate about scientific research.
1.0 CDR Continuing Professional Education credit will be offered for Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RDNs) and Dietetic Technicians Registered (DTRs) who view and participate in the LIVE webinar. Instructions are listed below.
For video and audio access:
- For the video portion, go to http://bit.ly/2lYx4YW
- To access the audio, dial: 1-866-352-2219; enter 23931277# as your participant PIN
- 3020 – Assessment of target groups; populations
- 4030 – Dietary Guidelines
- 4170 – Men’s Health
After this one-hour webinar, participants will be able to:
- Define caffeine, list dietary sources of caffeine, identify levels of caffeine in commonly consumed products, determine various regulatory classifications of caffeinated products.
- Describe current dietary consumption patterns of caffeine. Identify what are considered safe and moderate levels by leading health authorities.
- Describe the effects of caffeine (both favorable and unfavorable), and identify potential metabolic variations affecting personalized intake.
- Provide caffeine education to patients and clients.
- Learn about tangible strategies and initiatives to evaluate and communicate scientific research.