(Last updated August 4, 2015)
SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT, COMMUNICATIONS AND MARKETING
Washington, D.C.-based nonprofit seeks a senior vice president, communications and marketing, to lead food issues management, communications, media relations and promotion to internal and external stakeholders. Position leads 10 staff directors and managers to achieve communications program objectives including digital and traditional media outreach, partnership development, member support and promotion of educational materials and unique value proposition. Position requires some travel.
Send resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
More than 10 years’ experience and demonstrated success in leading a team in successful marketing and communication initiatives for a nonprofit or for-profit organization
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, business, communications or journalism with graduate degree a plus
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with ability to inspire a team
- Experience managing and coaching a staff team to meet goals
- Experience successfully leading outreach programs involving government, nonprofit, for-profit and academic sectors
- Strong, demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Positive, substantial experience participating in media interviews
- Experience managing an annual budget exceeding $2 million
DIRECTOR OF FOOD TECHNOLOGY COMMUNICATIONS
Washington, DC nonprofit food association seeks a Director of Food Technology Communications. Key requirements include knowledge of food safety, biotechnology and other food production issues; 5-6 years strong communications experience, such as a journalist, association or public relations professional. Must possess ability to develop and maintain relationships with media, government, scientists and educators. Must have excellent written and oral communications and interpersonal skills. College degree necessary. Travel required. Send resume and salary requirements to Geraldine McCann (email@example.com). No phone calls please.
Digital Media Manager
About us: We’re a DC-based organization that is committed to communicating science-based information on food safety, nutrition, food production and health. Our team is made up of registered dietitians, nutrition immunologists, public health professionals, and science communication specialists.
About you: You’re motivated and proactive, with a passion for digital communications. You are able to step up as a leader to push projects forward. Most importantly, you believe in the power of science-based information.
What to expect from the role:
- You will expand and nurture an online grassroots network of stakeholders through digital strategies, increasing engagement, reach, and community size.
- You will contribute regular, timely, and compelling content- from videos and podcasts to blog posts and infographics- to websites and social media.
- You will be immersed in traditional and social media discussions on food, nutrition, and agriculture to gain insight into the latest issues and debates.
- You will regularly compile and report metrics and analytics, executing content strategies to increase results.
- You will work collaboratively on strategy development, campaign planning, and promotion.
- You will report to the Director of Issues Management, uphold the missions and guiding principles of IFIC and the IFIC Foundation, and perform other duties as assigned.
We’re looking for someone:
- With 2-4 years of experience in content marketing and communications, with a strong command of writing for digital channels and social media promotion
- With a bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, agriculture, nutrition, or a related field
- Who is comfortable communicating to a variety of external audiences through a variety of communication methods
- Ready and willing to work hard and learn fast, especially in an entrepreneurial, flexible environment
- Who has big ideas and is fearless in executing on those ideas
- Who is data-driven, doesn’t shy away from numbers, and is eager to measure success in both quantitative and qualitative ways
- You are a pro in Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Illustrator, InDesign and Soundbooth/Audition) and social media platforms (e.g. Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Meltwater Buzz, SocialBro)
- You have experience with Drupal and Meltwater, or similar systems
- You’re a wizard with SEO and PPC
CONTACT: Stephanie Ferguson (Email only. No phone calls, please.) Please include a cover note and salary expectations.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The International Food Information Council (IFIC) is committed to equal employment opportunity. We do not unlawfully consider an individual's race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, age, sex, personal appearance, familial status, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence or business, or any other protected category in any employment decision. This policy governs all aspects of employment at IFIC, including hiring, assignments, promotions, compensation, associate benefits, associate discipline, and discharge and all other terms and conditions of employment.