Current job opening:
- Assist in the planning, implementation and evaluation of a wide range of comprehensive public affairs services including writing, editing, media relations, promotions and publicity and other general assignments to achiev objectives of outreach programs as directed.
- Assist in the development of educational materials, blogs, newsletter articles and other communication materials, working in cooperation with publication partners as appropriate.
- Assist in development and coordination of coalitions among associations, health professional groups, consumer advocates, government and industry, serving as primary IFIC contact as directed.
- Prepare, update and manage key distribution lists for IFIC's various outreach programs and attend conferences and staff exhibits as directed.
- Assist in gathering information and resources for timely and collaborative responses to stakeholder requests.
- Assist Director with day-to-day requirements, including coordinating projects, monitoring and analysis of traditional and social media, preparing reports on program metrics and outcomes, identifying and providing an early alert of trends and emerging issues, and posting and updating information on our websites.
- Assist Director in event, meeting and conference planning, including program development, logistics, and related administrative needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- College degree in journalism/communications/public relations or food/food safety/nutrition/agriculture/science or related field
- 1-4 years’ experience in journalism/communications/public relations or food/agriculture/science field, with association/nonprofit experience also desirable
- Ability to understand complex scientific information and translate into clear lay language
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, flexibility to shift between projects
- Experience using various social media tools (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) for proactive communications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, public speaking/presentation skills a plus
- Good interpersonal skills (good communicator, can work independently as well as in a team setting, etc.), self-starter with natural leadership ability
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel (knowledge of Publisher also a plus)
- CRM database experience a plus
- Quick and enthusiastic learner
- Some travel required
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The International Food Information Council (IFIC) is committed to equal employment opportunity. We do not unlawfully consider an individual's race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, age, sex, personal appearance, familial status, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence or business, or any other protected category in any employment decision. This policy governs all aspects of employment at IFIC, including hiring, assignments, promotions, compensation, associate benefits, associate discipline, and discharge and all other terms and conditions of employment.