The Dietary Fats Makeover: Guiding Consumers toward Healthful Dietary Fat Intakes CPE Module
The International Food Information Council Foundation has developed a Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)-approved continuing professional education (CPE) online program, “The Dietary Fats Makeover: Guiding Consumers toward Healthful Dietary Fat Intakes.”
If you are a registered dietitian or a dietetic technician, registered, simply follow the instructions to earn one CPE credit hour following your successful completion of the CPE questions.
For more information about the IFIC Foundation, click here.
- At the end of the CPE program, the learner should be able to:
- Review the current scientific consensus, as communicated in the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, regarding health implications and intake recommendations for dietary fats.
- Explore the multiple sources through which consumers are exposed to nutrition information
- Listen to consumers via quantitative and qualitative research to understand their knowledge, confusion, needs, and motivators.
- Formulate messages for motivating consumers to make healthier dietary fats choices.
Suggested Learning Codes:
- 4000 Wellness and Public Health
- 4030 Dietary Guidelines, DRIs, Food Guide Pyramid, food labeling
- 6000 Education, training, and counseling
Step 1. Please click here to register for this free CPE online learning module.
Step 2. Read the learning objectives for this CPE program, as listed above.
Step 3. Follow this link (PDF) to the online program, “The Dietary Fats Makeover: Guiding Consumers toward Healthful Dietary Fat Intakes.”
Step 4. Review and answer the CPE Questions (PDF) for the online program, “The Dietary Fats Makeover: Guiding Consumers toward Healthful Dietary Fat Intakes” to ensure you have met the program objectives. When you are finished, view the answer key (PDF).
Step 5. Complete the online evaluation form for this CPE program. At the end of the evaluation, you will be redirected to the IFIC Foundation home page. Return to the CPE page.
Step 6. Download the Certificate of Completion (PDF) and put it in your files to verify completion of the CPE program and to receive one CPE credit hour.
(NOTE: You need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to view the PDFs.)
- See more at: http://ific.browsermedia.com/The_Dietary_Fats_Makeover_Guiding_Consumers...